Many food manufacturers agree that one of the greatest challenges in the development of successful plant-based meat alternatives is getting the texture right.
Together with our partner Hydrosol, Andina Ingham has been working closely with customers keen to move into the rapidly growing meat free market. Drawing on Hydrosol’s extensive knowledge of plant protein and application technology, Andina Ingham’s experts work alongside our customers helping them to find the right combination of plant proteins and optimising their processing techniques so that they deliver the best possible texture and mouthfeel to the end product.
This November, at Food Matters Live, Andina Ingham will be presenting a range of meat alternative products made with some of Hydrosol’s latest generation stabilising and texturising systems. Come to Stand B55 to talk to our experts and to sample some of our meat free products:
- Soy free, vegan burger patty made from wheat, pea and fava bean protein. Appetising appearance and flavour with the familiar bite and texture of a “real” burger
- Soy free vegan salami with typical salami taste, colour and texture. Ideal for use as pizza topping and in sandwiches
- Vegan sausage roll – filling with the taste and texture that compares to the meat equivalent
- Soy free vegan bacon – firm textured with fat and bacon like layers. Great fried!
You might be interested in some examples of the plant-based projects that we are involved in:
- Andina Ingham has helped a successful sausage manufacturer move quickly into the meat free sector by working closely with them (including attending on-site factory trials) to improve the texture and sliceability of their vegan products. This customer is now increasing production and with our continued technical support is introducing a number of new lines.
- Our technical team is working with several customers to develop plant-based salamis (including pepperonis) for use in pizza and sandwich production.
- We are trialling a very impressive vegan bacon rasher at blue chip European companies
- We have successfully developed meat free “sausage meat” at the request of a large bakery chain, to use in their vegan sausage rolls